Self Managed Superannuation Fund (SMSF)
Self Managed Superannuation Funds (SMSF) are becoming increasingly popular and they may be the right structure for you too if you want to take more control of your superannuation investments. There are three key reasons for establishing your own SMSF:
• because you want to control your own finances,
• you want flexibility, and
• you want a broad range of investment choice.
With an SMSF, you can typically choose investments such as:
• Term deposits
• Australian and International shares
• Managed funds
You can even borrow to invest within your SMSF with many people now using borrowed funds to purchase residential or commercial property.
Superannuation law can be complicated and the laws do change which makes managing an SMSF a considerable responsibility.
As a trustee, you need to consider the fund's investment philosophy, the needs of the members, how much risk you are prepared to take, and of course comply with the various rules and regulations.
Our team of specialists can help with all of the responsibilities of running an SMSF but ultimately, you are still legally responsible for making sure your fund complies with all of the rules under superannuation law.
• We help right from the start, deciding whether an SMSF is right for you?
• We establish the fund including completion of the statutory paperwork
• Our financial planners recommend appropriate investments and assist you in getting them in place
• We take care of the members risk, using insurance strategies
• Our accountants take care of your annual tax returns and audits
• We advise you of any changes in SMSF legislation when it affects you
Before you leave your current super fund to start an SMSF you should discuss your options with your financial adviser and accountant. You should know what you may be losing from your current fund as much as what you might gain from making that choice to establish your own SMSF. To speak to an advisor please Contact Us.