Family Separation and Divorce
Separation and divorce can be both a painful and stressful time both emotionally and financially. It is a time where drastic changes may be taking place in your life and you are not sure of how the future looks. It may be very different from the path you initially embarked on however with our guidance, it may be the best detour you have ever taken.
If your financially affairs are complex, or you have usually taken the back seat to financial decisions, then having the right adviser behind you will give you the confidence to move forward both emotionally and financially.
You may want to know …
• Can I afford to keep the house?
• Will I have enough to live on after paying/receiving Spousal and Child Support?
• What are the long term consequences of offering/accepting Settlement Offer "A" compared to "B"?
• How will I be affected by taxes under various settlement proposals?
• Why is it important to have a business or pension properly valued
You may be in the following situation
• You may have been out of the workforce for many years.
• You may have health issues, where additional money is needed
• You may have to change your living arrangements or;
• You may have to rely on government support, until it is all worked out
• Your ex-spouse may be the beneficiary of a super or insurance policy?
Whatever the case may be, our advisers are well equipped to listen, support and advise you of the right financial direction to take.
Planning for your future as well as your children's is an essential part of every divorce settlement. Establishing a team to help you through this difficult period is paramount to your well-being. A qualified financial advisor in this area is well placed to assist your and your legal team. Contact Us
to organise a confidential discussion.